This statement is to inform you of our financial policy. Your understanding of this policy is very important to us and will help us to facilitate excellent service to you while maintaining our professional relationship. We are committed to helping you obtain and maintain optimum oral health and aesthetics.
Patients without Medical Aid:
Full payment is due at the time of treatment
Patients with Medical Aid:
The patient portion and any deductible/co-payment will be due at the time of treatment.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT METHODS
- All charges you incur are your responsibility regardless of your medical coverage.
- A description of the practice fee structure and a cost estimation will be prepared at any time on request
- We must emphasize that as your dental care provider, our relationship is with you, our patient, not with your medical aid company. Your medical aid policy is a contract between you, your employer, and the medical aid company.
- Not all dental services are covered benefits in all contracts.
- We suggest and recommend treatment based on the need, not your medical aid coverage or eligibility.
- Regardless of being able to verify eligibility prior to treatment, you are still expected to pay in full at the time of service.
- Due to medical aid policies and companies differing greatly and being very complex we can only estimate, in good faith, your coverage and patient portion of services.
- Credit Cards
- Electronic Funds Transfer
Unpaid balances will be subject to a 1 ½ % per month finance fee
Our staff is always available to assist you with your financial and medical aid questions, which they will answer to the best of their ability.
In certain cases you may make financial arrangements by consulting with our office personnel prior to service. Prior to any payment plans being instituted, at least one-third of the total amount due must be paid.
The adult accompanying a minor and the parents (or guardian of the minor) are responsible for full payment. For unaccompanied minors, non-emergency treatment will be denied unless charges have been pre-authorized to an approved credit card, or payment by cash at time of service has been verified.
Unless cancelled at least 48 hours in advance, during business hours, a charge of R300 per half hour scheduled appointment will be allocated to your account (min R 300). Please help us serve you better by keeping scheduled appointments.